Consulting (IT, Science, Engineering & Technical)
All Computer/Information Technology
The Project Manager is responsible for the successful implementation of infrastructure projects from contract awarding to system commissioning and handing-over to service support team. He needs to lead an implementation team comprising engineers with different technological and domain skills-set to ensure effective and efficient implementation of projects to meet contractual requirements. The role includes managing stakeholders, internal project team, and subcontractors/vendors; effective project time management, project budgeting, scheduling and risk management in order to deliver our commitments to customers and with other functional groups within the company.
• Be the effective stakeholder managing the expectations throughout the project.
• Plan, coordinate and prepare implementation strategies to meet key project milestones such as delivery, tests and payment milestones.
• Develop Project Management Plans including risk management plan to ensure effective project management.
• Lead and manage project team members, subcontractors and vendors including management and subcontractors/vendors selection and negotiation.
• Oversee project team members to deliver project on schedule and cost while meeting project requirements.
• Initiate, organise and attend project meetings and ensure project teams are kept fully informed about project progress, tasks, action plan and deadlines.
• Anticipate, manage and resolve issues, risks, dependencies and impediments that may impact on successful project delivery.
• Ensure that project progress is reported in an accurate and timely manner to all stakeholders and project teams.
• Ensure that all projects and products are delivered with quality as a priority and that appropriate levels of testing and technical governance is carried out in accordance with internal standards and contractual requirements.
• Any other ad-hoc duties as required or assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Computer/Telecommunication), Computer Science/Information Technology or equivalent.
• More than 5 years of project management experience in infrastructure projects.
• Experience in delivery of multiplatform technology based IT projects comprising networking, applications, database, systems (OS), security devices and device management is an advantage.
• Customer oriented and a team player with the ability to effectively lead and motivate team member towards common objectives.
• A self-starter and ability to work under pressure and tight schedule with positive and proactive attitude to anticipate challenges and resolves issues.
• Strong competency and experience in managing and motivating multi-disciplinary teams.
• Proficient with Microsoft Project or other project management reporting tools.
• Certifications in Project Management such as PMP and CITPM will be advantageous.
• Effective communications and presentation skills, both written and oral.