- Observe & analyze consumer buying patterns, competitor strategies, market trends and opportunities.
- Ability to negotiate with suppliers both local and oversea.
- Manage ordering and distribution of stock.
- Co-ordinate overseas shipment and schedules.
- Ensure imported products have relevant documentation and labeling.
- Able to analyze reports and develop an action plan.
- Plan promotion and side offer for outlets.
- Ensure all orders, contracts and necessary documents are duly authorized and processed, following company’s policies, practices and within the given time frame.
- Manage stock levels by varying delivery schedules or forecast for the season.
- Liaise with Marketing department and other parties for product featuring, sales offers and promotional activities.
- Provide training and delegate work to junior staff.
- Check, update and ensure that information on products, supplier profile, prices and related promotions are accurate in the computer system.
- Issue & send out purchase order for selected vendor and respective parties
- Keep Merchandising Manager posted on the status of pending purchases and Out of Stock situation.
- Apply for necessary notification and license from government agencies for importing of goods
- Diligently conduct trade visits on outlets regularly and update Merchandising Manager on observations or customers’ enquiries.
- Minimum 3 years buying experience in related retail sector or similar capacity. Preferably in the personal care category.
- Minimum Diploma/Degree holder or equivalent qualification.
- Possess good knowledge of retail calculations and able to analyze data.
- Experience with budgeting and merchandising procedures.
- Good communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Computer literate. Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and other applications.
- Some knowledge on ecommerce would be advantageous.
- Possess a positive attitude and self-motivated. Hardworking and meticulous.
- Able to travel overseas on buying trips and visit outlets on a regular basis.