- Assist in planning and developing merchandising strategies that balance customers’ expectation and company’s objectives.
- Analyze sales figures, customers reactions and market trends to anticipate product needs and plan product ranges/stock.
- Collaborate with suppliers and analysts to negotiate prices and quantities.
- Ensure the achievement of sales budget, gross profit ,price matrix ,product mix and inventory.
- Monitor ordering and delivery timelines to achieve targeted purchase.
- Maximize customer interest and sales levels by displaying products appropriately.
- Monitor stock movement and consider markdowns, promotions and price changes.
- Remain up to date with industry’s best practices.
- Actively work with Marketing Department to discuss and plan for promotional items.
- Liaise with Branch Managers and warehouse department to ensure product supply meets demand.
- Guide and supervise merchandising assistant to continuously upgrade the merchandising competency.
- Conduct trade visit to outlets regularly.
- Minimum GCE N Level or diploma or equivalent qualification. Certificate in a related field will be an added advantage
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Skills
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- Proven working experience in merchandising, posses good knowledge in Fashion Apparel, Lingerie and Children wear
- Have at least a minimum of 3 years relevant experience in fashion or retail industry.
- Excellent verbal and written communications, presentation skills (English & Mandarin)
- Be enthusiastic, meticulous and decisive;
- Able to travel overseas for purchasing, on weekends and public holidays.
- Able to coach and lead an assistant