- Able to analyze reports and come up with suggestions to improve the sales and profitability for the department.
- Capable of doing up powerpoint presentation and keep in constant update on market changes.
- Identify market segments and positioning, monitor trends and develop strategies to ensure continuous growth in sales and profits. Especially in the field of FMCG and personal care products.
- Forecast monthly sales and inventory, to integrate with purchasing and replenishment processes including auto stock replenishment (ASR) systems.
- Organize and establish buying procedure, purchase monitoring system, information collection, and price structure, which includes establishing, checking, monitoring, controlling and implementing retail selling price.
- Ensure the achievement of sales budget, gross profit budget and target incentives.
- Achieve personal KPI’s as well as ensuring the team achieves their individual KPI’s.
- Arrange monthly review with key suppliers on achievement on yearly sales target.
- Guide and supervise merchandisers to continuously upgrade their merchandising competency.
- Accountable for all matters pertaining to purchased goods, including the quality aspect.
- Ensure retail selling prices are competitive and targeted gross margin is met.
- Collect feedback from frontline staff and understand the market needs and trends to perform buying task effectively and ensure good stock movement.
- Actively work with Marketing Department to discuss and plan for promotional items and mechanics.
- Plan and source for products that could provide good promotional price for monthly mailer.
- Good sourcing capability for new products.
- Develop and extend range of house brand products.
- Able to suggest on work improvements for the department. Increase productivity for the team.
- Negotiate cost price, MOQ, deadline for ordering and delivery to achieve targeted purchase. Including parallel imports.
- Assist in outlets planogram and able to improve display standards.
- Develop and provide appropriate business analysis methods to determine future buys and assortment strategies.
- Minimum diploma or equivalent qualification. Certificate in a related field will be an added advantage.
- Possess good communication skills and able to maintain long-term close working relationship with suppliers.
- Be enthusiastic, meticulous and decisive; Possess strong analytical skill and good sense of responsibility.
- Able to travel overseas for buying, including at night, on weekends and public holidays.
- Have at least a minimum of 2 years relevant experience in retail industry.
- Possess strong commercial acumen and strategic vision