Computer/Information Technology (Software)
IT - Software
9am to 6.15pm
• To upkeep and perform Preventative Maintenance of security and parking equipment, and day-to-day troubleshooting and corrective maintenance at various car park sites.
• Promptly submit and write Service Reports and Maintenance Checklists after each session to ensure the next team can follow-up on next-steps in a timely manner.
• Assist in resolving technical issues with customers, contractors and vendors.
• Able to provide necessary training to teammates and end-users.
• Assist in project implementation and enhancement work of security and car park systems including installation and commissioning.
• Work closely with the Technical Support and Customer Support team both onsite and remotely
• Assist with stock management
• Candidate must possess at least a Diploma or Professional Certificate in Electronics/Electrical/Mechatronics Engineering or any related field.
• Possess good communication and presentation skills with good communication skill.
• At least 1-2 years of working experience in car park or security field preferred.
• Experience dealing with CCTV, network access and other security devices will be advantageous.
• Able to work well in a team.
• Valid Class 2 or 3 Driving License required.
• Willing to work on rotational standby duties.